WBHSOBA Endowment Trust
The formation of the WBHS Old Boys' Association Endowment Trust was initiated in 2009. The purpose was to establish a fund to take the place of the existing WBHS Foundation whereby Old Boys could build up a fund to create some sort of legacy for the future of not only the School but also the Association.
This was a fund that would be managed by Old Boys for Old Boys, although the ultimate goal always remains to provide help to the School. The broad objectives of the Trust are:
- To foster the pursuit and advancement of high educational standards for pupils of Whangarei Boys’ High School.
- To support, assist and advance the aims and objects of the Whangarei Boys’ High School Old Boys’ Association Incorporated so long as this Association remains a recognised charitable organisation in accordance with New Zealand Law.
The Trust is to be administered by Trustees who are appointed by the Association.
The current Trustees are as follows:
- Erc Angelo (WBHS 1956-62) – Chairman
- David Dent (WBHS 1968-70)
- Murray Holdaway (WBHS 1970-74)
- Jarrod Goodall (WBHS 1995-99) – President of the WBHS Old Boys Association
- Paul Ahlers (WBHS 1976-79)
- Shane Culham (WBHS 1970-73)
- Mark Wilson (WBHS 1980-84) – Treasurer
- Lindsay Faithfull (WBHS 1973 -76)
Initially the Trustees were:
- Martin Perkinson (WBHS 1959-62) – Chairman
- Lloyd Morris (WBHS 1959-62)
- Peter Ogle (WBHS 1970-71)
- Tim Shaw (WBHS 1958-62)
- David Silich (WBHS 1958-62)
- Stuart Spicer (WBHS 1962-66)
Since the establishment of the Endowment Trust, other trustees include:
- Kevin Salmon (WBHS 1975-77)
The Trustees appointed JBWere Ltd to manage the investment of the funds deposited into the Trust. The starting balance was $150,000.00.
A copy of the Trust Deed is available by emailing email@example.com