WBHSOBA Endowment Trust
Leave a legacy for your school
The WBHS Old Boys' Endowment Trust was established in 2009 to provide the school with income for special projects and events that are not covered by standard funding sources.
School trips, individual scholarships, the golf academy, laser cutting tools, and sports marquees are among the many items that the Trust has funded.
Our target is to reach $1,000,000.00 as capital so we can make a real difference at WBHS. At 5% this would generate $50,000 for the school to pay for what they need. Can you help us reach that point?
Find out more
- Old Boys and friends of the school contribute to the trust fund, which invests the money to generate income.
- The income is used to build the fund and to provide meaningful assistance to school life.
- Only the income from the fund is distributed to the school. All contributions remain in perpetuity.
- A group of trustees who are all Old Boys’ of Whangārei Boys’ High School manage the trust.
- The President of the WBHS Old Boys’ Association is automatically a trustee of the Endowment Trust.
- As at 2021, 7 trustees had been appointed covering a wide range of school attendance from 1956 to 1999.
- The trustees have appointed JB Were to invest the trust’s funds in a diversified portfolio of shares, bonds and cash.
- The trustees meet twice yearly with representatives of JB Were to review the portfolio and the investment strategies.
Leaving a legacy via your will is a simple way of giving that costs you nothing in your lifetime but will make a positive difference to your school for years to come
No matter how small or large, when added to other Old Boys’ donations these will make a big difference to the income-earning power of the fund.
Even the equivalent of a cup of coffee a week can make a difference over a period of time. The Trust administrator can help you set up a weekly, monthly or annual donation.
WBHS Endowment Trust’s long-term investment horizon makes it an attractive place not just for donations but also for bequests and wills.
All contributions are tax-deductible
- It is important to note that the donations themselves are never spent – only the income they generate.
- Trustees evaluate the performance of the fund and set aside amounts for the school to use. The School Principal will canvas staff and school members to propose projects to apply the funds to.
- From time to time the school may apply to the Endowment Trust for funds for a specific purpose.
Your gift will last forever
“All good men and women must take responsibility to create legacies that will take the next generation to a level we could only imagine”—Jim Rohn
If you wish to discuss any matter at all regarding a donation or bequest please feel free to email the OBA President at:
Alternatively, you may contact the OBA administrator
- Email: email@example.com
- Call: 09-430-4170 extn 807
Whangārei Boys High School Endowment Trust
PO Box 5034, Whangārei 0140