WBHSOBA Endowment Trust
The formation of the WBHS Old Boys' Association Endowment Trust was initiated in 2009. The purpose was to establish a fund to take the place of the existing WBHS Foundation whereby Old Boys could build up a fund to create some sort of legacy for the future of not only the School but also the Association.
This was a fund that would be managed by Old Boys for Old Boys, although the ultimate goal always remains to provide help to the School. The broad objectives of the Trust are:
- To foster the pursuit and advancement of high educational standards for pupils of Whangarei Boys’ High School.
- To support, assist and advance the aims and objects of the Whangarei Boys’ High School Old Boys’ Association Incorporated so long as this Association remains a recognised charitable organisation in accordance with New Zealand Law.
The Trust is to be administered by Trustees who are appointed by the Association. Initially those Trustees were:
- Martin Perkinson (WBHS 1959-62) – Chairman
- Lloyd Morris (WBHS 1959-62)
- Peter Ogle (WBHS 1970-71)
- Tim Shaw (WBHS 1958-62)
- David Silich (WBHS 1958-62)
- Stuart Spicer (WBHS 1962-66)
At the first meeting held in March 2011 a further Trustee was nominated and accepted:
- Kevin Salmon (WBHS 1975-77)
Over the last couple of years Peter Ogle and Stuart Spicer have resigned as Trustees and thus far only one further replacement has been made:
- David Dent (WBHS 1968-70).
The Trustees appointed JBWere Ltd to manage the investment of the funds deposited into the Trust. The starting balance was $150,000.00.
A copy of the Trust Deed is available from the Old Boys’ Office of by emailing email@example.com